Photography is a critical aspect of marketing. Users want to see beautiful, clear and unique content. Here at Catalyst we work with a broad range of partners, from a clothing retailer to nonprofits to food and beverage brands. How we shoot food items is very different from how we shoot clothing. With that being said, there are still many basic Do’s and Dont’s so we’re sharing the top considerations for photography.
- Take multiple photos at different angles so you have options to choose from as they may be slightly different
- Shoot in natural, soft lighting if possible
- Keep the background simple for product shots so that it doesn’t distract from your main focus: the product
- Create seasonal content
- Use a tripod (when necessary) to ensure the images are level
- Don’t zoom, you can always crop
- Don’t be controversial – be sensitive to issues going on in the world, don’t post vulgar photos, etc.
- Don’t use flash
Contact us today to see how we can help you take your photography to the next level!