Due to our current situation with this pandemic, most of us are currently working from home until COVID19 subsides. Working from home isn’t for everyone as it takes a lot of discipline. If you struggle to stay focused or feel inspired, we wanted to share some tips on ways to successfully work from home!
- Build a permanent workspace – having a desk or designated area to work from every day will help you focus.
- Use a planner to prioritize your tasks – using a planner will help to keep track of deadlines, appointments, and meetings. We use an ad agency tool called Workamjig to keep everyone connected and organized, but there are lots of other ways to stay on track.
- Make ‘To-Do’ lists – it can be challenging to keep track of what you have to do throughout your workday. It’s easy to lose sight of priorities, tasks, and deadlines. Start your day by reviewing priorities for the day. Set goals and time limits for each task. After you complete each task, cross it off the list. This simple technique is both effective and fulfilling. Several of our team members us an app called ‘Wunderlist’ to keep track of our daily tasks.
- Get yourself organized – if you’re constantly digging through a mess of papers or trying to find something on your computer to get a task done, your productivity level is going to drop and your stress level is going to skyrocket. Spend some time getting yourself organized. It doesn’t happen overnight, but with time it will prove to be so effective in helping you complete day to day tasks.
- Get dressed everyday – there is something so motivating about getting ready for the day even though you don’t plan to see other people and/or leave your house.
- Take short breaks – just because you’re working in a more comfortable, relaxed environment doesn’t mean you won’t get burnt out. Schedule in regular breaks throughout the day to get up from your computer, move, and give your eyes a break from the screen.
- Check in with co-workers often – dedicate time to meet with members of your team so they can share status updates, ask questions, and discuss developments from their personal life. Our team has made great use of Skype and Google Hangouts to stay in touch as “face to face” as we can!
We hope these tips and tricks help those who’ve been struggling to work from home. If you have marketing needs, or just want to try out video chat, give us a shout!