If you missed last weeks blog post discussing “Ongoing Digital Marketing Trends for 2020” be sure to head over and read that one first! Today we are discussing the NEW trends for 2020! There are seven new trends you and your business should be aware of in order to better reach and satisfy your consumers! Let’s get into it
- Voice Search – Over 25% of adults in the United States own a smart speaker like the Amazon Echo, Alexa or Google Home. In addition, 31% of smartphone users use Siri at least once a week. In 2020, it is estimated that 50% of all searches will be voice searches. It will be important for digital marketers to use longer tail keywords in 2020 verses the short keywords they are currently using. For example: instead of “bourbon” use “bourbon drink recipes.”
- Shoppable Posts – Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook now all have ecommerce stores, making it easy for people to shop products by simply clicking on the photo. It then directs them to the product page where they can purchase. By using social commerce, marketers are reaching new customers, reducing the barriers to purchase and shortening the sales funnel. They’re expected to become a norm in 2020!
- Augmented + Virtual Reality – Over the past few years AR and VR have become very popular. Major companies such as IKEA are using AR, allowing customers to see what a piece of furniture will look like in their space before buying.
- Interactive Content – Shoppable posts, AR/VR, 360-degree video, quizzes, and polls are just a few examples of interactive content. This type of content keeps visitors on pages for an extended period of time, and with shareability comes brand awareness.
- Smart Bidding in Google Ads – Optimizing bids will be better than ever with the ability to choose conversion actions at the campaign level, optimize your bids across several campaigns with a set of desired conversion actions, and set bids to automatically change when a sale starts or stops.
- Personalization – There are several ways for digital marketers to deliver personalization–segmented email lists are one of the most popular ways! Be sure to start personalizing your marketing efforts if you aren’t already. Consumers are beginning to expect it and they’re tired of seeing generic ads that may have nothing to do with them.
- Social Messaging Apps – Social messaging apps (e.g., Facebook Messenger, WeChat, WhatsApp) are being used more and more by businesses to communicate with their customers. Customers find it convenient to have direct contact with companies and it allows personalization, which we know people love. Businesses are using messaging apps for the following: building relationships, educating, boosting sales, regaining potential customers, and customer support.
If you’re looking to up your game with digital trends in 2020, contact us to see how we can help!