Have you ever found yourself struggling to finish a task or come up with a creative idea? Here are our tips for beating creative block!
- Take a walk.
- It may be cold where you are, it sure is here, but take a brisk walk when you’re pressed for ideas. The flow of oxygen to your brain is going to help you think more clearly and the change of scenery may give you a little inspiration!
- Take a doodle break.
- Mindlessly focusing on something else like doodling is scientifically proven to help you think more creatively and help your memory improve.
- Switch your activities.
- Maybe you’ve just been working on this one project for too long. Work on a shorter project that you can get done rather quickly to give your brain a little break. When that’s done you’ll be able to return to the original project with a new perspective!
- Work backwards.
- If the order of the project doesn’t matter, start from the end or at a point you normally wouldn’t. Changing up your thinking pattern will really put your brain outside its comfort zone.
- Have a brainstorm.
- If all else fails, ask for help! Ask your team to sit down and brainstorm some ideas to get the ball rolling. The conversation and exchange of ideas can either inspire you or give you the answer you were looking for all along.
Ever feel stuck and need some more help with ideas? Let us help!