It’s almost impossible to have a successful business today with no social media strategy. Succeeding online requires an extensive plan, dedication and a lot of patience. Here is a 10-step checklist of what you’ll need:
- You need to have clear objectives to guide your efforts, so you’ll know if you’re succeeding or not. SMART goals are a must!
- Who’s your target audience? On which social platform will you find them? What kind of content are they looking for? Use your consumer’s personality to assure you’re speaking to your correct audience.
- Not everything can be automated, but you can use programs such as Hootsuite to schedule posts out in advance so that it takes some work off your plate.
- Humanize your brand! The entire point of social media is to make connections. Use content that your audience can relate to.
- No one will keep up with a social media feed that is sporadic—regular activity is important for social media success.
- It’s important to turn on notifications so that you never miss a comment or question. Interacting with consumers is very important for any brand.
- Curated Content. Share informative content from non-competitor external sources.
- Original Content. Curated content is important, but you should be developing tons of branded content also. Blog posts, videos, photos, etc.
- Be sure to regularly check analytics to see what is and is not working.
- Check to ensure your social media bios and profiles are well optimized. Convey the value proposition for your brand and include keywords.
Give us a shout and we’ll help you with your social media, as well as all your digital needs!